Imagine coming home every day to a community that offers a fresh water lake! From the first time you enter Lake Chaparral you'll experience the warmth and friendliness of Calgary's early western heritage.
The exceptional homes in the community are designed by Calgary's finest builders and offer a complete range of western exteriors with a variety of features, for example rear attached or detached garages and romantic front covered verandas.
There is a beautiful park and unique recreation centre that offers a wide variety of activities for your enjoyment. Whether you enjoy boating, fishing, playing tennis, skating, tobogganing, or leisurely strolling along the network of pathways, you will never run out of things to do. There is also a full time Recreation Director on staff to organize a variety of programs and activities for all community residents.
The amenities include a beautifully landscaped park with cascading waterfalls, recreational building with social room and kitchen, sandy beach, childrens' playground areas, winter skating rink, picnic areas and cook shelter, tennis, basketball and beach volleyball courts, and walking paths. The lake and park are open 365 days a year.
Lake Chaparral is a unique, four seasons resort community designed for today's family.
Lake Chaparral Stats
- 33 beautiful acres.
- 20 acre year round recreation park.
- Freshwater Lake stocked with Rainbow Trout.
- Lake is approximately 600 x 400 meters and 12 meters in depth at its deepest point.
- 1.2 million cubic meters of earth was excavated to create the lake and 200 million gallons of fresh water was used to fill it.
- The lake water is aerated by being pumped at a rate of 7000 gallons/minute to the hilltop and cascades back down to the lake to maintain the highest in water quality.